Galley arrival


Galley arrived yesterday. We were very happy to finally meet each other.




First thing I did was offer Galley a beer. After the long trip from New York, Galley was thirsty.










We went on a canoe ride. Galley didn't even wear a life vest!



















Galley sat in the swing, taking in the view.












Galley reluctantly agreed to play dress up. Although it is beneath Galley's dignity, I insisted.


















After a busy morning, Galley snuggled up with the cats for an afternoon nap.
Facebook Twitter Email Digg Delicious Stumbleupon

19 Response to Galley arrival

January 20, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Congratulations! Galley has excellent taste in beer.

January 20, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Galley can't go wrong snuggling with cats!

January 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM

You and Galley should be very happy together... until First Edition shows up. Snooty First Edition, thinking it's "all that."

Congrats. I am jealous.

January 20, 2010 at 8:53 AM

What fun. I have never thought about playing with my galleys. But most of mine have come electronically, so that limits what I can do with them except edit. If I offered my computer a beer, I'm afraid of what the consequences would be.

Congrats on your publication. Have to admit I am not sure about reading a book about zombie brains, but your agent is doing a terrific job of convincing me otherwise.

January 20, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Love the kitties! Galley looks so at home with them. Galley probably needed a rest after Galley's beer buzz. ;-)

January 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Galley is gorgeous! Congrats!

January 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I second Kristin's comment....Galley is gorgeous and a big congrats!!!

January 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM

That's awesome! I'm cracking up. Congratulations!!

January 20, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Great cover! I love the serving suggestions :-P

January 20, 2010 at 1:27 PM

No lifevest? Please tell Galley to stop taking dangerous risks! Particularly before he's read...

(I followed Janet Reid's link!)

January 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I came over here from Janet Reid's blog, read this post, and was like, 'Dude, this lady is pretty effin funny.' Then I saw the link for Hello Kitty Hell and it was all just too good to be true. *Follow*

Anonymous
January 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Howdy - you don't live too far from me. I'm farther north and west, but still AR. It's excellent to see another Arkie getting published. Maybe it will be my turn soon ;)

January 21, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Hi. I arived via Janet Reid's blog. Curious. Congratulations and very clever.

January 21, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Thanks y'all! And from Galley too : )

January 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM

So love galley, such a daredevil, living large that way. Especially so close to water.
Congratulations!!!

January 23, 2010 at 7:46 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!

January 23, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Congratulations! Very cool!

Maybe Galley would enjoy a day at the bookstore where he can mingle with distant relatives before they are sold. OMG! Booksellers are involved in black market sales to bibliophiles.

January 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Galley looks right at home.

Congrats on your publication!

January 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Can you give Galley a Miller High Life from my Trapper Keeper? He thinks she looks cute in her pink dress (sorry it's a cheap beer, but he's in between jobs.)

Post a Comment

 

Brains on sale now!


Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes