Youth in Revolt(ing Cocks)



My mother-in-law sent us Youth in Revolt because she thought I would find it funny. It's a movie out now with Michael Cera, who seems to be in everything these days; I don't mind that. I loved Arrested Development.

I started the book a few days ago and it's funny, but I have one major question: Are teenage boys really that obsessed with their penises? The main character's concern is constant, bordering on pathological. Dick jokes galore and other things not appropriate for a family-friendly blog!

I need to know if it's an accurate portrayal. I'm a girl; I don't have any sons; and my husband won't give me a straight answer. Is it an exaggeration for comic effect or is this the way teenage boys (who grow up to be men) think?

If it's true, it sure does explain a lot.
Facebook Twitter Email Digg Delicious Stumbleupon

3 Response to Youth in Revolt(ing Cocks)

February 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM

My husband has always told me, "Whatever the worst you can imagine a boy is imagining..multiply it by ten and add sex." Sooo I guess it is true for some boys. He swears they're all the same until they find a good woman. LOL

February 10, 2010 at 6:31 AM

a friend messaged me after reading this that it's like Portnoy's Complaint. That makes sense to me. But so does Kristi's husband!

February 11, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I've never read the book or seen the flick, but to genuinely answer your query, yes.

Also, as much as I like Michael Cera, I think he needs to branch out from the whole "hilariously awkward teen" role.

Post a Comment

 

Brains on sale now!


Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes