Big Foot Foot


My husband is chasing Big Foot. First it was gar fish. He bagged that. Good, fine, wonderful. But now he's after a creature supernatural.

So we went Big Foot spotting on Sunday. And it was snowy but beautiful up in the Ozarks. The whole time I kept asking myself: Can I be with a man who believes in Big Foot?

(I believe in My Pal Foot Foot, by the Shaggs. But that's art! Not myth and legend.)

I'm not a believing woman. I want a spaceship to land in front of me and take me on board, examine me. I want to see the Virgin in the tortilla. Like Mulder, I want to believe. But I need proof, evidence. Last week my husband interviewed some old-timer who told him about foot prints and Big Foot screams and Big Feet living in hippie communities and that was enough for him. Now he's blowing distressed rabbit calls in the snow hoping to attract a yedi:



It was cold on Sunday. The snow was white and crunchy. On the way down the mountain, the Jeep bounced and slid in the rutted, icy road, and I looked through the pines. I squinted, I conjured, I clenched my stomach. I wanted to see Big Foot. I willed him to exist. He wasn't there.
Facebook Twitter Email Digg Delicious Stumbleupon

4 Response to Big Foot Foot

February 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I think it was Stephen King who said, "If you could imagine it, then it must exist in your mind." I've always wondered about that, how could one imagine something unless it was rooted in some form of truth. How does one imagine something that doesn't exist. I know strange question for a writer who does this all the time. (Hugs)Indigo

February 2, 2010 at 4:37 PM

If I were a Big Foot, I would hide among the hippies.

February 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Do hippies exist? I hope so. I imagine them.

February 5, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I still know a few hippies in the Ozarks. Never heard tell of Bigfoot, though.

Post a Comment

 

Brains on sale now!


Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes