Zombies invading literature

The other day I came across this short story. It's called I Am a Zombie Filled with Love and it's about a zombie, a thinking, feeling zombie--one who, you know, loves. And then I saw that it's being made into a movie--without the book even being published.

And I was like damn, you go Isaac Marion. You go, I Monster Zombies who think and feel. There's hope for my own zombie hero. Brains!. There's hope for all of the misunderstand shamblers out there. They are more than automatons. They are leading actors, movie stars, heartthrobs!

Gurgle. Moan. Unnnnh.
Facebook Twitter Email Digg Delicious Stumbleupon

3 Response to Zombies invading literature

February 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM

A thinking, feeling zombie... hmm... Odd.

In other news, step on over to my blog, because I've given you an award!

http://52weeksofwordage.blogspot.com

February 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I only just started folowing you here (see previous post) but i just wanted to ask: I started writing a novel. It was supposed to be a quirky local-political satire but then it got invaded by zombies. It's much more fun to write now, but I don't know the 'rules.' I thought zombies couldn't think and feel, but your post suggests otherwise... Any tips?

February 5, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Brokenbiro--there are no rules! You can do anything you want. It's your book. It just depends what you want to focus on--the humans or the zombies. If you're gonna focus on the human struggle, usually the zombies are brain dead--pun intended! In Brains, only a select special few zombies retain sentience; the rest are Romero zombies. Good luck! Your book sounds like fun.

Post a Comment

 

Brains on sale now!


Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes