First-draft Terror

Just finished the first draft of Mindkiller. And now I'm terrified. Going to wait a few days before I tackle first revision--let it sit for a bit--and I already know there's a lot to do and what to do, so that's good. No worries...yet.

What scares me is what am I going to do for the next few days!? Since school let out a month ago, I've been writing 4-6 hours a day, depending on if I decide to swim or fish in the afternoon. That's a lot of time to fill.

I'm thinking of making a bean-art portrait. Or gluing things together in a shitty assemblage. Or going to a lot of matinees. Or finally reading 2666 (after I finish Freedom). Or revising a short story I wrote a year ago.

Or I don't know what. Any suggestions?
Facebook Twitter Email Digg Delicious Stumbleupon

5 Response to First-draft Terror

June 13, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Don't read 2666. Just gauge out your eyes with a spoon if that's the way you're leaning.

Just my thoughts, anyhow!

June 13, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Patience!

Oh, and I'm curious about how the bean art will turn out. Can't be worse than my macaroni portraits! ;)

June 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Read poems. Out loud.

Avo
June 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Hey there, sorry for the off-topic comment but have you seen the Ozzie interactive zombie movie/interactive adventure/pizza ad thing on youtube? You'd prolly enjoy it, here's a link:
http://youtu.be/9p1yBlV7Ges

June 26, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Definitely paintball. Or laser tag. Or make a lampshade out of paint color chips! http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/lighting/lampshade-made-from-paint-color-chips-blop-lamp-107553

Although probably the best choice is "obey the agent". :)

P.S. Congrats on the first draft. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Post a Comment

 

Brains on sale now!


Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes